Through People Incorporated's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program trained volunteers provide free tax preparation assistance to individuals making under $54,000.
Available February - April
Click Locations to find out times and places
Clinics may be cancelled during inclement weather.
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Photo ID
- Social Security/ITIN cards for the taxpayer, spouse and all dependents
- Birth dates for taxpayer, spouse and all dependents
- Wage and earnings statements: W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Unemployment compensation , Form 1099-G
- Interest statements from banks and dividend statements from stock
- Miscellaneous income statements
- Day care expenses paid for day care in 2015 and the day care provider’s name, address and federal ID number
- Student loan interest payments
- Record of tuition or student loan payments, 1098-E
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- A check from your checking account or deposit slip from your savings account if you want to use Direct Deposit for your refund
- Marketplace provided 1095A
Not sure if you should bring something? Bring it along, so you won’t have to come back at another time!
Do you qualify for EITC? Use the IRS EITC Assistant to find out. The EITC Assistant asks a series of basic questions to determine potential eligibility, none of which require personal identification information.
Eligibility depends on several factors, including:
- Your household's amount of earned income. Earned income includes all the taxable income and wages received from working, running your own business/farm, or from certain disability payments.
- Whether you have one or more qualifying children, though workers without children may also qualify.